Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chelsea

Everyone is chanting Chelsea's around me. She just knocked me down with her knuckles. I'm on the concrete with my face shielded by my arms. I lick my arms and taste blood rushing down my elbow from an open wound. The crowd around me contains not only students from Bay-High School, it also contains teachers and principals. They are laughing and chanting Chelsea's name. I am appalled and still laying here. My instincts tell me to get up and run, but she is walking back to me now, and I know what this means. She pulls my face from my shield of arms and I find a blow to the nose and then, Black.
I wake up in the nurse's office my nose filled with cotton balls and it smells like antibiotic. I pull them out and sit up. My nose is twitching and then I sneeze, that catches the nurse's attention and she runs in. She glances over and sees the cotton balls that I pulled out of my nose and she gestures towards them. "They were annoying me, and smelled," I murmur. She said something over and over under her breath as well as sniffling so much she started to crying. I giggled under my breath and she yelled, "GO BACK TO CLASS," just to annoy her even more I reply, "And what period is that ma'am?" She glared and didn't answer. I knew where I was going, I just hope I don't run into Chelsea in the halls skipping class again.
As I walk out of the nurse's office I glance over to the waiting seats for the Principal's office, there was a long line as usual, but at the door waiting for me was Chelsea.

No comments:

Post a Comment